Saturday, October 20, 2007

Nickname rundown

Had to be sure to make note of all the nicknames; I think we owe most all of them to Jason Good, with the possible exception of his own, which I happily provided him. Once Jason has been released from prison in Mexico, we can properly thank him. In the meantime, here's what we've got:

Darnell Clark, aka 'D-Train'
James Duigan, aka 'London'
Jason Good, aka 'Man Loaf'
Cameron Hervol, aka 'Captain America'
Paul Lammeri, aka 'Netherlands'
Jason Melhado, aka 'Canada'
Sean van Staden, aka 'South Africa'

Let me know if I missed anyone! Also, I added websites today for Jason, Siew Gaik, and Paul. If anyone else has personal sites to include, let me know and I'll post them!

A

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Hey Guys,
I hope you are all healthy and happy. I thought I'd blog to share some API information with you.

Last February I coordinated APIs first ever off-site mentorship I program. As you may remember, I am an Army Physical Therapist. After attending our mentorship class, I was so impressed with the product that API provides that I worked with their military laison to bring API to my unit.

It worked out super well. We had one primary instructor, the military coordinator, an API intern, a nutritionist and Paul Robbins (ESD guy who developed all their protocols)at our facility for the course. We did functional movement screens and VO2 submax testing with ImETT for participants prior to the class. We didn't have a pool to use for regeneration, but were able to improvise with 50 gallon trash cans....We filled them with ice and water (50 degrees) and put them in the shower area. So 3 minutes in hot and 3 in the cold (trash can). It was humerous, but worked well!

The cost was less expensive then sending our soldiers to API for week. It worked out to about $2000 per participate and we had 21 participants.
Bringing API to my unit, has really helped to change the fitness "culture". Generally speaking, soldiers think fitness is running, push-ups, and sit-ups. Some of the more intune folks relate Gym Jones or Cross Fit to fitness. Although, those programs contain components of fitness we all know that they overlook many areas of true fitness.

This week we held our second API I mentorship program, and Mr "dorsiflex" himself (Nick) was our primary intstuctor! (BTW he got engaged to his girlfriend a couple of months ago.) Again, the course was a success.

I realize we all work in a variety of settings, but thought in one way or another you would find this information useful. Think outside the box and most importantly DORSIFLEX.

Best Wishes to you all!
Nancy

Nancy Teich
MAJ, SP
US Army